Home| Gray Walls

Here's a little secret about me:
I've lived in my apartment for 6 years and it still looks the same way it did when I moved in. SHAMEFUL! So, I'm on a little journey with my humble abode...remodeling myself in the simple ways that I can.  One of the simplest ways to customize your home is to throw some paint on the walls. I vowed to do it one room at a time...starting with my living room. We shall see how that goes.. I was inspired by these gray walls. My apartment is small so I'm thinking a dark gray would make it look smaller  but these pics that I found were interesting. Take a look and maybe you will be inspired too.

 I'm really digging the dark gray paint with the gray floral wallpaper on the adjacent wall. The contrast with the black and white picture frames and I love thart they used the floral wallpaper in one of the pictures as a frame. Super chic! Source: Apartment Therapy

 I love stripes and I love how this was done in a subtle way. Plus, that chrome lamp..LOVE.  The big white clock...LOVE. The chrome table with clear and chrome table...LOVE. Super simple and chic.
Source: Real Simple

I like homes that look lived in. The mish mash of print in this picture make it seem like the owners are really cool people...lol. The branch chandelier is awesome and you don't really notice the walls are gray. Its the perfect neutral color. The hardwood floors ties the whole room together so everything doesn't seem to busy although there are a lot of different elements pieced together. Source: Apartment Therapy

 This room is dark and mysterious. I like how they have the dark furniture on one side of the room and the light on the other. What type of painting is that? 
Source: Apartment Therapy

 Once again, gray is the neutral color with pops of red and white. 
Source: Real Simple

 I know I said I would keep it to living rooms...but I want to have a spa day in this person's bathroom! The gray tile and white accents scream at home spa! Luxurious.
Source: Real Simple

Back on task....I love this living room...everything about it! The glass coffee table, the blue green chandelier, the shape of the chairs, the cozy ottoman. This room has lots of different textures going on. Its just perfect....for my grown up house. I want my apartment to be a bit more functional....but this is pretty to look at.
Source: Real Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment