Bibliophile| Deadly Sexy by Beverly Jenkins


When I came across Beverly Jenkins' work, it was like a lightbulb went off. I was desperately searching for  an intelligent black romance novel. I'm tired of all the ghetto novels that have the baby mama drama or some 'round the way girl falling in love with the neighborhood drug dealer. That is not my reality by any means.
Granted, JT Blake and her busted Lexus meeting trucker millionaire Reese Anthony is not my reality either but a girl can dream.

As a writer myself, I love to see the way other writers introduce their characters and seduce us with the complexities of their personality, jobs and conflict. This book was in no way rushed but it made me want more. I loved that Jenkins' characters come from all walks of life. Yes, there is some baby mama drama but it's written from a standpoint that the reader can understand. There's the gangbanger, the ambitious rags to riches slime ball and even grandparents that have been together 40 years.

And of course, the sex scenes were enough to make me giggle and blush on a crowded train home. I was able to completely lose myself in the story which is the mark of an awesome writer.

My rating: 5 lipsticks.

Purchase here: Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment