Fitness| Emotional Eating

Getting back in the swing of things has been a challenge. I'm not sure if its the fake polar vortex or some other entity, but all I want to do is lay around with fuzzy socks on, taste-testing the new flavors of Haagen Dazs by the pint.

This photo made its rounds around the Internets for the past few months and at first, I thought it inspirational. Beyonce works damn hard. I should be able to work hard too and get results.
The Internet informed me that I am wrong. I should be angry at this quote and not feel inspired by it. I believe Samantha at Bitches Gotta Eat said in an unrelated blog post months back that we can't look at celebrity diets and be inspired to that think that we can do the same things. Beyonce doesnt have the same worries as me. Worries like how am I going to pay off my student loans before my future children sign up for their student loans. or how I can manufacture a move to another part of the world without going bankrupt. You know, simple things.



Beyonce probably doesn't have to stop herself from eating a Twix because she can't afford to buy those shoes she saw and the Twix is cheaper.

I'm sure she does worry about some other shit like....IDK....if she's going to show up to an award show in the same dress as someone else. But then, wouldn't she just be like...I'm Beyonce, I'd look better in it anyway?

This post is not about Beyonce..I just went off on a tangent, sorry.
This post is about emotional eating.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit I've been on an emotional roller coaster these past few months and yes, I have sought comfort in a Oaxaca cheeseburger or 2 from 67 Burger, some cheese fries from Shake Shack and a Wendy's frosty float every now and then.

So, with me trying to clean up my act, my mind remembers how tasty those items were and its like those gremlins that you feed after dark. WANT! All the time.

So, now I'm trying to quell those little gremlins. Especially, when my boss is grating on my nerves and that makes me want a Pepsi. Or when the boy says the wrong thing and I want to have a slice of red velvet cheesecake.

I'm trying to keep in mind that sometimes, you have to give in. Eat the cheesecake. Have a Pepsi. But it cant be everyday or its a habit. Forgive yourself when its comes to living the healthy lifestyle but recognize when you're just eating your feelings rather than expressing them.

Today, I was able to run a mile without dying. I'm back to where I was before my holiday slump. I'm happy. Going to work at the mile at this pace for a week or two then I'm going to try and add another mile. T hen another. Then another. And then I'm going to try and be faster.
Remember:

No comments:

Post a Comment