Eats|M.O.B. Brooklyn

As many of you guys know, I'm vegan...or at least I am for the next 90 days to 6 months.
My version of veganism means - no meat, dairy, wheat, gluten, corn or artificial flavors.

I stumbled on to M.O.B. Brooklyn after getting off of work, hungry and tired. They are in walking distance from my job and so, I and a coworker (meat-eater) stopped in for some fare.


pics above courtesy of their website.
The french fries are fried in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt which leave them light and soft.

 sorry...crappy phone pics.
This is a mushroom burger topped with caramelized onions, cashew cheese and of course...avocado. I liked the burger a lot. The consistency was of a normal meat burger. I did not like the cashew cheese. I know it's weird to want a non-dairy cheese to taste like regular cheese but...meh. The burger alone didn't fill me. I had to eat all of the fries to satisfy my hunger. My coworker said the same thing. Don't look to gorge yourself.

Overall:

Ambiance: 5 stars. Super cool and trendy.
Service: 5 Stars. Friendly staff, patient and knowledgeable.
Food: 3 stars. I wanted more
Price 2 stars: Pricey joint but most vegan restaurants are super pricey. Our meal together was around $40 which is a lot for burger, fries and 2 small drinks.

I do want to go back and sample their pancakes but a stack of 3 pancakes for $11 ....I don't know.

Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment