Travel| EuroTrippin Part 7: A Day in Brussels

I woke up bright and early to the gray overcast sky I had begun to get used to in Europe. I showered and since I'm a fast learner, I put on almost all the clothes I had in my backpack. Leggings, 2 pairs of jeans, long-sleeved shirt and 2 sweaters. My host evidently felt bad and she printed out the email to prove she did send me the right address. I didn't feel the need to hash everything out again.
view from my window


I left, desperate for a cup of tea and found it close to where I was staying.
The pain au chocolat was Heaven and this other pastry...I forget the French name was light, flaky, sweet but not overly so....it was perfect.


Of course, I bought Belgian chocolates.

whatever chocolate you want, they had it...crazy!


The snow began to fall and I was nervous because I had a whole day to fill. I took the tram back to where I started intenton sightseeing on my own.
this is where you pay to get on/off the tram. They trust you to do this...

The tram in Brussels.

 I pulled out the worthless map. Walked around Grand Place and found a sightseeing bus. Suddenly, trying to navigate.Brussels alone seemed daunting. I paid the 22€ and saw the sights. Here are a few pics.
the bank...how come Chase doesn't look this grand?

 
The Atomium. More about it here

Basilica of the Sacred Heart Church


can I see this everyday on my morning commute?

Grand Place looking nice and stormy

at the Galeries St. Hubert

me on the streets of Brussels....bookbag on back and chocolates in hand.


Whatever drugs the French gave me, I need them imported. I had my taste and smell back and of course....I had a beer and a waffle.

waffle with strawberries, whipped cream and caramel sauce. kriek (cherry) beer.


After, I searched for the Mannekken Pis. I found him dressed as a Rasta. That gave me a good chuckle.


My bus left at 3:30 to Amsterdam. Before I left, I got a gouda and ham sandwich on a crispy baguette. It was big and cheap.

Next stop, Amsterdam! Brussels was beautiful...in a lot of ways even more than Paris (eek! lol) and I would've loved to have spent more time there...but, it was great for the day.
 
More Pictures Here.
Check out my time in London and Paris

Don't be afraid to comment, link and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment