Travel|EuroTripping Part 2 - London: Day 1: Me and Ben


My first day in London was pretty easy. My plane got in at around 8am. I got to my house at around 10 and I took a nap for about 2 hours and hit the sights.
 
I bought an Oyster card when I took the Tube from London Heathrow. It was the kind where you just "top up" as you go along which was like giving a child keys to a candy store. I felt like I had the run of the place. Being from NYC, the London Underground wasn't hard to figure out and I was hopping around doing my own sightseeing.
 

I made my way to London Eye and ran into this pretty sculpture on the way. It was placed there in 1902 by Sir John Isaac Thornycroft. I love it because it signaled to me what I was doing: Going forth and conquering.

The London Eye is basically a big ferris wheel where you can see all of London.

Stunning view from the top of the London Eye. The ride is about 30 - 45 minutes and halfway through, I remembered I'm uncomfortable with heights.

 
I made a friend. He's from Switzerland. I asked him to take a picture of me. His English was off so he thought I asked him to take a picture with me. He's cute.

But no match for my man, Ben. Who knew I had a thing for big towers? More information on what Big Ben is....here.


It was getting dark and Ben looked sexy at night.

I had some fish and chips (with a side of mushy peas) at the County Hall Arms which is a pub right next to the Eye. Wasn't life changing but it satisfied my hunger and was cheap.


View more photos on Facebook.
London Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment